Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Day Challenge Day 4. Your views on Religion.

30 Day Challenge Day -4. Your views on religion
My views on religion. I really don’t want to go in on this blog. I will say that I was raised in a Christian (Baptist) household. I will be honest; there are some specifics of Christianity that I don’t totally agree with or believe; miracles, 6 days of creation, the rapture, to name a few. I really am not in the mood to go through a history lesson or discuss the logic behind my ideas. I’m just not totally convinced of all of the specifics of the religion. One thing that I’m totally in agreement with is the MORALS Christianity teaches. I agree with the morals that the “stories” of the bible teach. Even if I was a total non believer in everything the bible said my children would be raised in the church, if for nothing else the morals & life lessons they will be taught. I don’t want this to be misconstrued as me saying I am an atheist or something. I won’t go that far. I don’t know if there is some sort of middle ground in the discussion, but if there was I would be at the 50 yard line. I don’t know how to describe what I’m trying to say w/o being too radical or controversial.  To put it simply I appreciate the role a religious background has played in my life & I’m sure it will have a continued role. I appreciate the order it brings to society as a whole. I have no problem with those religions that teach the same essential moral code. I don’t think the variations in beliefs are large enough to warrant Holy Wars & when the beliefs are that serious that is where I have a problem. That’s for a different day.
Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment