Thursday, June 23, 2011

30 Day Challenge. Day 9. What you want you future to be like.

What you want your future to be like.
I feel like I have already written this one on Day 2. I guess I will take a different take on it this time. I know when most people our age start thinking about their future; it’s all about their career. When I was in undergrad, I was the same way, not really because I feared not attaining my goal, but because I didn’t really have a clear goal. Now that I have a clear goal, I’m sure that continued hard work will get me there and my career will take care of itself. Now when I think about my future I think about my family. I guess the reason I think about that is because once again I don’t have a clear goal. I’ve been into goal setting since my youth and once I have a goal, I remove the worry, I just work towards it and things will fall in place as they may.
As far as thinking about my future and the future of my family  is a troubling thought. In terms of my family, I mean all aspects of it, my current family and my future family. I hope in my future I’m a lot more connected with my blood family. I hope that we can all be there to support each other and keep the family in good working order once some of the elders have passed on. I hope in my future my parents have a healthy and satisfying golden years. I hope they can get over their differences so they can be there to collectively support my sister and I. I hope my sister and I continue to support each other and work towards our individual goals. I just hope in the future I continue on the Jacobs legacy and take a step forward not a step back.
The future family that I’m most worried or uncertain of is my future immediate family (wife and children).  It’s just so uncertain to me. I have no idea who that woman will be. I have no idea what kind of children we will produce. That uncertainty is worrisome. It’s scary because of the lack of control I have over the situation. I have no control over what woman I will fall in love with. I have no control over what kind of children god blesses me with. I just have hopes. I know what kind of marriage I want to be a part of, I know what kind of parent I want to be, but the canvas of that portrait is so blank right now. I’m sure in the next few years pieces of the puzzle will start to fall in place but a good family life is what I hope my future will include.
Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment