Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Waiting Game

Would you ever wait on somebody? I don’t mean like wait in the car 20 minutes for somebody who is late coming outside. I mean like wait for someone in a relationship sense. Wait until your paths intertwine again. Is it the most ridiculous thing in the world or the most romantic thing in the world? I know when you think of waiting for someone, you think you have to be in standstill while they live. That’s not what I mean. If the both of you are still in movement and living out your lives in a way that would otherwise be inhibited by the presence of a partner, would it be ok? I guess when I put it like that, it makes no sense. It sounds like total BS to me. But is there ever a situation where waiting is ok? Are you setting yourself up for disappointment? Are you doing the other person a disservice? Is it possible for both people to wait? I think that the only true reason you would wait is because you either think there is only one person made for you or you can’t find anyone better. I, being a firm disbeliever in both of those statements would lend me towards the idea of not being able to do it. Quite honestly, I think I would be offended if someone asked me to wait. It would be like they are putting themselves in a superior position. I feel like once you have the balls to ask someone to do that, all respect in that relationship is gone. It might be even worse when you try to do it indirectly. When you think you have enough clout to just drop in periodically with little snippets of affection to let them know your still there. Isn’t that even more disrespectful? It’s like who the hell do you think you are.   

This little outburst had no true purpose or direction, it was just late and a nigga was a little in his feelings and 140 characters was not enough.
Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment